Do you have a major sweet tooth? Who doesn't right? Well this weeks Wellness Wednesday are three desserts you don't have to feel bad about! These are great for kids, adults, parties, or just keep some in the fridge when those midnight munchies come around.
#1 DARK CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BANANA BITES
This dessert if the super easy and great for making a big bunch and snacking on them all week long. This is also pretty versatile. You can sub the peanut butter for almond or other nut butters, or even white chocolate for dark chocolate. Let's get to making these delicious little treats.
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter or nut butter
- 3/4 cup dark baking chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice each banana into thin slices and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Spread peanut butter onto each banana slice, then top with another slice of banana.
- Place in freezer for about 30 minutes or until frozen and the bananas stick together.
- Melt coconut oil in a bowl and stir in chocolate chips, and continue to microwave until everything is melted and smooth.
- Place banana back on the parchment paper and place back in the freezer until frozen.
- Store in a freezer and enjoy!
#2 SAMOA APPLE SLICES
Do you wait for Girl Scout cookies every year? Does it make you physically smile when you see the cookie displays outside the grocery store? Well here is a healthy alternative to a favorite girl scout cookie, that is perfect for the kids or for a party.
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup caramel
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp. butter
- Slice apples into 1/4'' thick slices.
- Cut out the core with a melon scoop.
- In a bowl add caramel, and coconut flakes, and stir.
- Spoon mixture onto each apple slice.
- in a microwave safe bowl melt chocolate chips and butter.
- Drizzle melted chocolate onto the caramel and serve!
#3 FRUIT SALSA - WITH BAKED CINNAMON SUGAR CHIPS
This is the most exciting thing to taco Tuesday since margaritas! This fruit salad is fresh, healthy, and delicious! Check it out below.
- 1 mango, peeled, and diced
- 1 peach, peeled and diced
- 3 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- Strawberries, diced
- 1 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 (6 inch flour tortillas)
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick spray.
- Mix all fruit ingredients into a large bowl and toss with lemon juice and strawberry jam.
- In a bowl mix together sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush both sides of the tortillas lightly with butter and sprinkle the tortillas with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Cut tortillas into 6 wedges (like a pizza).
- Bake in a preheated in oven for 10-12 minutes, turning the chips halfway through. Let chips cool and serve with fruit salsa.