Disaster can strike without warning any for many different reasons. With the recent false alarm Ballistic Missile threat many people are realizing the importance of a emergency kit. In Hawaii we have tsunami warnings, hurricane warnings, heavy rain, and other environmental disasters.
There are several components when creating a disaster plan. First is to make a plan. Some questions to think about are:
- Get your household on board and knowledgeable.
- Where will you meet?
- What is everyone responsibility?
- What will you do if you are out of the house?
- Where is the closest evacuation area and route?
- Have a plan for your pets?
- Where will the emergency kit be held? Make sure that it is in a dry cool place.
- Do you have enough food?