Turkey or Chicken Rolls
For this weeks Wellness Wednesday is a delicious way to use the leftover turkey or chicken from the holidays and have a delicious warm meal. The great thing about this is you don't need a lot leftover meat perfect to use the last bit that's left.
Did you know that Americans waste about 204 million pounds of turkey form Thanksgiving to the end of the year, that's 6 million turkeys that are being thrown away every year! So instead of contributing to the waste lets use that and create this delicious meal.
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1-1/2 cup cooked or shredded turkey or chicken
- 3/4 or 1 block of cream cheese
- 2 or 3 green onions chopped
- Onion powder to taste
- garlic salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Optional: Cheese- If you love cheese add some shredded cheese to the mixture to make it extra savory!
- Combine chicken/turkey, cream cheese, chopped green onions, onion powder, garlic salt, and pepper and mash together.
- Open crescent rolls and unroll the dough. Cut along perforated lines. scoop a spoonful in the middle of each triangle and pin the top side over and old in sides, so mixture can not leak out. Pinch sides to glue together the sides.
- Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Take out and let cool. Since turkey/ chicken are already cooked make sure dough is flaky and insides are warm.
This recipe is completely customize-able! You can add ham and cheese for breakfast! Or add some bacon to your turkey to the rolls. Hope you enjoy this yummy meal!